Safety is the first and foremost thought in everything Malek Inc. does. Everyone at Malek firmly believes and upholds the Zero Accident and Zero Injury philosophy, believing that every accident and injury is preventable. Together, we invest time in creating a culture of safety awareness supported by daily toolbox meetings, site safety inspections and certified safety training for all our employees. Malek believes in the value of safety and the importance of our workforce to perform their job with confidence.
We are members of contractors’ compliance programs such as DISA Global Solutions, ConstructSecure, Appruv, Avetta, ISNetworld, and E-Verify.
Since 2001, Malek Inc. has implemented various programs to assist us reach our goal which includes: In-House safety training instructor to provide employee trainings on but not limited to:
- Onboarding New-Hire Safety Training and Orientation
- Pre-Access Drug Screen, Fit for Duty Physicals, and Random Programs
- Criminal Background Checks
- 24-hour Competent Person In Fall Protection
- Competent Person in Trenching & Excavation
- Job Safety Analysis and Pre-Job Task Assessments
- Equipment Training
- Personal Protection Equipment Training
- Ergonomics Safety (Proper Lifting Techniques)
- Safe Ladder & Scaffolding Use
- Rigging Training
- Competent Person (Trenching & Fall Protection)
- CPR & First Aid Training
- OSHA 10 and OSHA 30 Training
- Forklift Certification
- Aerial Platform Lift Certification
- Toolbox Safety Talks
- We also attend Safety Training at the Contractor Safety Council for our Industrial Groups.